Let’s face it, we don’t always know what ingredients are in the products we use in our day to day. In fact, it’s not uncommon to find unusual chemicals in the cleaners and detergents we use. For example, everyday common laundry detergents often include sulfates, phenols, and other chemicals. Some brands have even been known to include chemicals that are linked to cancer or lung disease. If you are looking for an all-natural alternative to common store bought detergents, we at H2O Laundromat have the tips you need to cut out the harmful ingredients of your detergent!
Start with all natural ingredients:
- 1 grated bar of soap
- 1 cup of washing soda
- 1 cup of borax
- Optional: 20 drops of an essential oil (Lemon or Lime smells nice!)
- Optional: 1 cup of Oxygen Booster
Once you have your ingredients together, follow these directions to making your all-natural, homemade detergent!
- Mix your grated soap with the washing soda and borax. Be sure to use gloves and a spoon to ensure the mixture doesn’t get on your skin; the mixture can be very drying.
- Add your essential oils for scent and stir thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture into an air-tight glass jar.
- Use 1-2 tablespoons per load, and add 1 tablespoon of Oxygen Booster if needed, particularly into white loads.
It’s as simple as that! These all-natural ingredients and a couple of minutes to combine everything is all it takes to cut out the unwanted chemicals in your laundry routine. If you have any questions about how to improve your laundry routine, or you need help with laundry day, be sure to contact H2O Laundromat! Call us at (267) 647-WASH or visit us online today!